Car Engine Service
At Patriot Buick GMC, we put our customers first, and that means making sure that you make the most of our GMC service support. Regular maintenance and service visits will prove absolutely crucial to ensuring your car’s long-term health.
Here’s an overview of what to keep in mind for your car engine service.
With each new car year, there are potentially more complicated service tasks that need to be addressed. However, regular oil changes still form the core of your car’s maintenance schedule.
The decades-old advice of getting an oil change every 3,000 miles has given over to more updated recommendations. With recent advances in synthetic lubricants in mind, it is now advised that your oil be changed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
Keep fresh oil running through your engine makes sure that it stays properly lubricated, reducing wear among your engine parts, and improving gas mileage. When your car is running at peak efficiency, you’ll definitely save money on fuel in the long run.
Long-Term Service Tiers
While important, regular oil changes are really just the tip of the iceberg. Here is a breakdown of the longer-term service tasks to keep track of at every mileage milestone your car will reach:
- Every 7,500 miles: After an oil change, check your battery and tighten any connections. Check and grease your door latches. Check the transmission fluid.
- Every 20,000 miles: Replace air conditioning and cabin air filter. Check your transfer fluid and take a look at your CV and Universal joints. Inspect your suspension, tie rod ends, brake linings and parking brake.
- Every 40,000 miles: Check your front and rear axle fluid. Change your air conditioning and cabin air filter.
- Every 60,000 miles: Check and probably change your transfer case, manual and automatic transmission fluids.
- At 100,000 miles: Your engine belts will most likely need to be replaced by this point.
GMC Certified Service
Among the many advantages to having a GMC vehicle is knowing that GM-certified technicians are monitoring and maintaining your vehicle. Using OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts for all repairs and maintenance needs, our multi-point inspections will identify any issues and keep your motor running at peak efficiency.
Schedule a service visit at Patriot Buick GMC today and take advantage of our expertise!